Yesuf Fitfit Recipe
Learn how to make Yesuf Fitfit by using this simple recipe from Ethiopian Food Guide. Here you will learn about all the ingredients you will need to make this traditional Ethiopian dish with all the necessary directions.
MEASUREMENTS AND INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 3 cups Water (or more)
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 hot green pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 scallions (finely chopped) or 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1?4 teaspoon ginger powder or 1 teaspoon ginger juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil (minced)
- Salt and black pepper
- Rinse the sunflower seeds with cold Water.
- In a cooking pot, cover the sunflower seeds in cold Water; boil for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Drain and place the cooked sunflower seeds in a food processor; add three cups of cold Water; blend until all the seeds are crushed.
- Strain the sunflower sauce into a container; discard the sunflower sediments; cover the container and keep it in fridge to cool.
- Combine the finely chopped vegetables with lemon, oil, basil, garlic, ginger, salt and black pepper; mix it well.
- Add the vegetable mixture into the sunflower sauce container, mix well and keep in the fridge.
- Break Injera (Ethiopian flat bread) in small pieces; dip the pieces in the sunflower-vegetable sauce; or use it as dipping sauce for all kinds of bread.
- Serve it cold.
- Keep your Yesuf Fitfit or sunflower sauce in the fridge to make it last longer.
RECIPE SOURCE: https://allaboutethio.com/ryesuffitfit.html
IMAGE SOURCE: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/537546905493831227/
About Ethiopian Food Guide
OUR AMAZON PICKS