- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoons of turmeric powder, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Boil the lentils in Water until they’re soft, about 30 minutes. Then, drain them well using a strainer, rinse them with cold Water, and put them into a mixing bowl.
- Using a large spatula, stir the lentils until they begin to become somewhat mashed. Chop the onions and jalapeños into very small pieces but do not liquefy them.
- Mix the onions, jalapeño, ginger, turmeric, lime juice and olive oil into the lentils. Stir them together well. When it’s all mixed, taste the Azifa. If the flavor or any one ingredient doesn’t peek through, add a bit more of that ingredient. You should be able to taste the flavors of the various elements, all blended harmoniously. You might also add a little bit of each ingredient, then more of it until you have a nice balance of distinct flavors. Put it in the refrigerator to chill for dinner.
Did You Like This Recipe?
If you did, please consider joining our email newsletter using the form below to get more Ethiopian Food Recipes.
[wd_hustle id=”1″ type=”embedded”/]
In addition to the informative and entertaining content we share regularly, you can also find a comprehensive Directory of Ethiopian Restaurants found all around the world, as well as detailed Recipes for all the traditional and contemporary Ethiopian Foods.
% of daily allowance