Minchet Abish Recipe
Learn how to make Minchet Abish by using this simple recipe from Ethiopian Food Guide. Here you will learn about all the ingredients you will need to make this traditional Ethiopian dish with all the necessary directions.
MEASUREMENTS AND INGREDIENTS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 stick butter
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon chickpea flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- Large sauce pan
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Add the onions, salt and fenugreek. Sauté until browned.
- Add the meat. Sauté until relatively dry.
- Add the butter. Cook until the butter is melted.
- Add the ginger and wine. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpea flour and Water. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the remaining spices. Simmer until the meat is soft and tender.
- Serve your Minchet Abish preferably with Injera.
RECIPE SOURCE: https://allaboutethio.com/rminchet.html