This is a traditional dish popular among Ethiopian Jews. Learn how to make Engotcha by using this simple recipe from Ethiopian Food Guide. Here you will learn about all the ingredients you will need to make this traditional Ethiopian dish with all the necessary directions.
MEASUREMENTS AND INGREDIENTS
- 2 level cups of wheat flour
- 1 packet of yeast
- 3/4 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- Soak the yeast and sugar in 1/4 cup of warm Water for 15 minutes.
- Mix the egg with 1/2 cup Water, then pour the mixture into the flour.
- Mix well. At this point, the dough will be thick and clumpy.
- Add the yeast mixture, moisten hands, and knead the dough well.
- Cover the dough with a towel and let it rise for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Roll out the dough when it has risen and form medium-sized pancakes (see photo above of Engotcha). This much dough should make about five Engotcha.
- Arrange the patties on a greased baking pan and place in oven for about 30 minutes until golden.
Remember that you must serve the Engotcha with honey for dipping.
RECIPE SOURCE: https://ethiopianfood.wordpress.com/recipes/