Dabo Kolo Recipe
Dabo Kolo is crispy baked, sometimes spicy, small pieces of Dabo in the form of Kollo, which makes a great snack.
MEASUREMENTS AND INGREDIENTS
- 2 tablespoons Berbere (Ethiopian spice similar to paprika)
- 2 cups white flour
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Begin by preheating the oven to 375f. In a medium to large bowl mix the berbere, flour, salt and sugar. While mixing, slowly add in about 1/2 cup of Water until you notice the paste has thickened.
- Sprinkle flour on a board and add the mixture onto it, then knead this mixture until it becomes stiff.
- Create a well in the center of the ball of dough and fill it with the oil. Now the dough should be folded over the oil and commence to knead for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Keep the dough moist by covering it with a cloth. Now take apart pieces or chunks and roll them into 1/4-inch round or oblong strips.
- Cut the strips into 1/2-inch-long pieces. Using kitchen scissors will help keep the ends pinched.
- Place all the pieces on a flat sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until they are crisp enough.
- Move them around to make sure they are evenly browned and baked.
- Store your Dabo Kolo in an airtight container to ensure its longevity.
*You can also make this without the Berbere.
RECIPE SOURCE: https://allaboutethio.com/recipes-dabo-kolo.html
IMAGE SOURCE: https://fassica.com/dabo-kolo-coffee-time-snack-6oz/
About Ethiopian Food Guide
OUR AMAZON PICKS