post-title Alicha Wot Recipe
Alicha Wot Recipe
Here is an easy-to-follow directions for a tasty meat based Ethiopian meal – Alicha Wot, also known as Yebeg Alicha.
MEASUREMENTS AND INGREDIENTS
- 2 lbs. lamb chops (ribs and meat)
- 1/4 cup butter (Niter Kibbeh, Ethiopian clarified butter)
- 2 cups white onions (thinly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root juice or 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon false cardamom (Korerima)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 chili peppers (seeded and sliced)
- 6 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- Cut the ribs in smaller sizes and the meat in small strips, wash it with cold Water.
- Boil Water in large pot; add the cleaned ribs and the meat; cook it for 10 minutes and strain.
- In medium heat, cook the onion with two cups of Water (adding the Water gradually); stir continuously until tender (10-15 minutes).
- Add the butter, garlic, ginger-root juice, bishop weed and cook for five minutes.
- Add the ribs and the meat; stir for five minutes; put four cups of Water and turmeric; cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add false cardamom, salt to taste and cook to simmer; at the end, add the hot peppers and remove from heat.
RECIPE SOURCE: https://allaboutethio.com/ryebegalecha.html
About Ethiopian Food Guide
OUR AMAZON PICKS